Walking Fish Therapeutics (WFT) is a development-stage, privately-held, biotechnology company discovering and developing innovative cell-based therapeutics. Using its novel, cell-based discovery platform, WFT is building a strong pipeline of oncology and regenerative medicine drug products. WFT is using cell-based therapy to deliver therapeutic payloads into diseased tissue thereby minimizing systemic toxicity and allowing delivery of locally acting factors. WFT has multiple patents for cell-based engineering and delivery technologies. The WFT team includes experienced researchers excited about our new approach to the treatment of severe diseases. WFT offers generous medical, dental and vision insurance benefits, a 401(k) plan, and a flexible time off policy plus company-observed holidays.
We are currently seeking an enthusiastic, highly motivated Scientist with a background in immunology, cell biology and cell engineering, and an interest in cell therapy to join our collaborative team of scientists. Using our Engineering Platform, the successful candidate will create and employ engineered cells designed to home to specific tissues and deliver therapeutic proteins locally. The ideal candidate will have a strong immunology background and experience working with primary cells and setting up cell-based functional assays to measure cytokine release, cell proliferation, and cell signaling as well as experience measuring cell therapy outcomes in animal models. A strong background in multi-color flow is required.
As part of a multidisciplinary team of biologists, pharmacologists, and immunologists, the successful candidate will demonstrate the ability to carry out independent and cross-functional teamwork, apply critical thinking and generate reproducible, high quality data to inform development of Walking Fish’s next generation cell therapy platforms.
The successful candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- Ph.D. scientist with 2+ years of post-degree industry or academic experience in immunology, or B.S. or M.S. in Life Sciences, Biology, Immunology or related field with significant industry experience
- In-depth knowledge of immunology and cell biology with expertise in either cancer or tissue regeneration models is required
- Experience in cell biology with proficiency in primary mammalian cell isolation and tissue culture, cell-based assays, and multi-parameter flow cytometry is required
- Familiarity with genetic engineering of primary immune cells using viral based strategies is highly desirable. Experience with culturing conditions and experience with characterization of engineered cell function using in vitro assays including cytokine/chemokine production, proliferation and cell signaling is highly desirable
- Assist in the design of new cell therapies and assist in in the design of murine models and experiments to evaluate genetically modified cell function in vivo
- Excellent oral and written communication and organization skills. Present scientific rationale, key data, issues and accomplishments to other members of the scientific team
- Highly organized, detailed documentation of experimental procedures
- Strong computer skills, including commonly used programs: GraphPad Prism, Excel, PowerPoint, FlowJo
- Candidate values being part of a friendly and highly collaborative team
We are currently seeking an enthusiastic, highly motivated Executive Assistant to join our growing team. Our ideal candidate is experienced in handling a wide range of administrative tasks, can work independently with little or no supervision, and enjoys the challenge of a fast-paced startup environment. This position will be responsible for the core business functions, including supporting our CEO and our diverse team, interfacing with the investment community and helping to expand the company.
- Directly support the CEO and his outside Board commitments, and other team members as needed
- Schedule and prepare for investor, Board, SAB and team meetings
- Assist and edit presentation materials
- Work closely with our outside accounting service on coordinating financial reports, payroll and benefits using our PEO, TriNet
- Handle purchasing and inventory levels of lab and office supplies
- Be the point person for recruiting including job postings, scheduling interviews and onboarding
- Other general administrative duties as needed
- 5+ years in administrative role, supporting at least one executive
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, including PowerPoint, Excel and MS Outlook, required
- Experience working in a start-up environment is essential, at a life sciences company is a bonus
- Works well under pressure and has the ability to multi-task and evolve to changing priorities
- Excellent IT, troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Professional verbal and written communications
- Human resources management practices and procedures is a nice to have
- Values being part of a friendly and highly collaborative team
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferred